Saturday, May 23, 2015

Camino: May 23

If you missed my first two Camino posts... you can find them here and here! They'll provide a good foundation for all my updates!

I will try to post updates as frequently as possible, but wifi is never a guarantee on the Camino. In each post, I will also try to include some specific prayer requests for that day in particular. I am SO grateful for the many people who are supporting me through prayer and finances. This isn't my trip, it's God's...and the work that is being accomplished through me is because of YOU and your investment in this trip! So...THANK YOU!

Also, I know that many of you may not know the rest of my team. So just to give you a quick run down..... the Camino "veterans" include George, Lenny, Johnny, and me. The "newbies" include Hannah, Lydia, and Alissa. We will also be joined by Sam Schwartz, an encompass missionary who works out of Lisbon. I am so excited to see the dynamic that this team will have. 

I can't believe this day has finally come...we leave for the Camino!! Everything is packed (except for that one extra pair of pants I'm still trying to convince myself I'll want) and according to the scale at home, my pack is weighing in at 15lbs (truthfully a miracle). Our flight will depart, in theory, from Newark airport at 5:55pm and will arrive in Lisbon, Portugal at 6:05am (1:05am our time). We have a 3 hour layover in Lisbon before taking our 1 hour flight up to Porto in the northern part of Portugal. We will arrive in Porto at 10:05am and will go to Abel's albergue from there! The rest of the day will consist of adjusting to the time change (they are 5 hours ahead) by forcing ourselves to stay awake, and gathering the rest of the team who is flying in at a later time. 

Don't worry...I'm not taking a folding chair...they're my hiking poles!


Prayer Requests:

  • Smooth check-in at airport (I know this sounds silly, but last year I almost couldn't get on the plane... oh the wonders of having 2 middle names I guess)
  • Travel according to God's will (not necessarily "safe" travel, but that no matter the situation God would be glorified and we would accomplish His purposes there)
  • Patience and a loving attitude (this one is mostly for me because...well, yeah)
  • That we will be able to sleep on the plane in order to prep for a long day in Porto
  • Open eyes and hearts to people we will meet even before arriving in Portugal

No comments:

Post a Comment