Friday, May 8, 2015

Camino: Looking Ahead

I know...more Camino stuff.
If you missed my wrap up of last year's trip, check it out here!

If you didn't already know, the Camino captured my heart last summer. It is not a vacation, but rather a big mission field full of people searching for the answers to life. My church near Messiah College, Hope Grace Brethren Church, has a committed partnership with a national Portuguese missionary whose mission is to reach the pilgrims that hike on the Camino. I went with this group last year, not fully convinced of the mission. However, when Pastor George approached me this year about going again, it didn't take much convincing for me to say yes! (I was hesitant because of finances and time commitment, but God is bigger than both!)

I understand that it is hard to picture a gorgeous hike as a missions trip, but I would not be going again so soon otherwise. There are a few changes to this year's trip, which I am so excited about! First, I will be a "leader in training" which basically means that next year I will be able to lead a team myself! It is truly something I believe in, and I cannot wait to lead other people through this unique experience. I also believe that having previous experience will allow me to better serve the pilgrims around me without always trying to soak in new experiences. 

Secondly, we will be hiking a different route to Santiago, the Portuguese route. We will start in Ponte de Lima, Portugal and hike about 95 miles to Santiago, Spain. This will test our group because we are much more familiar with the French route. It will be a fun, new adventure. 

Lastly, we have three people coming in our group that have never hiked the Camino before. I am so incredibly excited for them, as I was in those shoes last year. I can't wait to see the things they learn as they walk their own journey and meet other pilgrims.

I firmly believe that God is already preparing me, the people on my team, and all those we will encounter while on the Camino....which we leave for in 15 DAYS!! I would be so blessed if you would pray for my team as we seek to minister to the pilgrims along the Camino from May 23-June 4. 

Also, here are a few specific ways you can be praying for me now and while I am gone...

  • Remaining $600 will come in before I leave
  • Spiritual and physical preparation
  • Open eyes to opportunities around me
  • Blister-less feet
  • Perseverance and quick healing for when I get blisters
  • Quality conversation with other pilgrims
  • Our flight home (that we would not have a delay so that I can see my "little" brother graduate from high school!!)

I will try to post an update 
here on my blog of my trip each day after hiking, but I cannot make guarantees as wifi is not guaranteed everywhere. Thank you so much for caring, and for following along in this journey God has placed me on. 

I am so blessed by you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment