Friday, June 13, 2014

6/11


Visiting Portugal was such an incredible experience. After a day of travel, we went out for dinner with Abel, his wife, Julie (a worker at the albergue) and Julia's daughter. The restaurant was a "hole in the wall," but that meal definitely made my top ten list. It seems like those places are the best kind. We had sausage, bread, salad (just tomato and sweet onion in oil), T-bone steak, Portuguese French fries, codfish, and the cookie cake (a coffee dessert). I am proud to say I ate some codfish. I wish I could say I liked it, but it's just part of the adventure. The restaurant was right on a river and the view was gorgeous. The atmosphere in Porto is very different from Lisbon; Lisbon is a metropolitan city and Porto is a more rural, laid back place. They are both incredible in their own way. I can't wait to share pictures and stories with you all!
Sending love from Portugal! xoxo



Sorry these are short. I am writing them before I can post them...wifi is scarce!

No comments:

Post a Comment